Many organisations recognise that safety professionals need leadership and influencing skills to drive positive change within the organisation. In addition, Board member’s proficiency in safety can improve decision making that limits risks, creates opportunities and improves both safety and organisational functioning. So, how can leadership drive safety beyond compliance?
Interested in exploring leadership within your organisation?
Consider the IOSH Leading safely course
delivered by Phoenix Health and Safety.
Who the course is for? Anyone in a senior management or leadership role.
Why it works?
- Short duration of five hours to sync with your busy schedule
- Designed in collaboration with business leaders to deliver content that adds real value
- Flexible format to fit your needs – four contact hours face-to face learning, supported by pre-course online content and an optional e-learning module
- Relevant case studies chosen to match your needs and sector
- Support before, during and after the course through the dedicated IOSH for Leaders app
What to expect
- Recognising the value of strategic safety and health and its integration into business management systems and performance management systems
- Understanding your safety and health responsibilities
- Appreciating the consequences of poor safety and health
- Planning the overall direction for safety and health in your organisation
- Understanding the importance of adequately resourcing your safety and health management system
- Knowing why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance
Top 5 business benefits
- Reduce accident rates, absence and sick leave
- Increased productivity and profits
- Improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
- Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
- Better business continuity
Top 5 delegate benefits
- Sharpens your skill-set and makes you a more effective leader
- Creates understanding of good practice from around the world
- Enables bench-marking of your performance against others
- Shapes your safety and health vision
- Identifying steps to achieve your safety and health ambitions
Contact us on 0333 455 1722 for further details.