Display Screen Risk Assessment
Under the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) regulations (1992), organisations are legally required to conduct a specific display screen risk assessment for personnel who are classed as being users of this equipment. Employees fall into this category if they meet the following criteria:
- They use the display screen equipment (DSE) on a daily basis
- They use this equipment for an hour or more at a time
- They could not do their job without the DSE.
These risk assessments must cover the:
- Workstation furniture
- Working environment (this includes variables like lighting and heating)
We are experts in DSE risk assessments and can help you in either of the following ways:
- We can conduct the analyses on your behalf. During this process, one of our fully qualified experts will sit down with each of your workers who uses DSE and interview them about their workstations, discussing any specific issues or problems that they may have. Following these discussions, a report is produced detailing the findings and recommendations for each user.
- Alternatively, we can provide you with DSE risk assessment forms to help you complete these assessments yourself. Note that clients on our health and safety support contracts are provided with access to DSE risk assessment forms. Any questions or problems can be followed up by our safety experts and support staff.