Manual Handling Awareness
Manual Handling Operations regulations in the UK require employers to ensure that their personnel are given adequate information and training on manual handling at work. Employers can decide how this training is provided.
Our Manual Handling Awareness e-learning course meets this legal obligation and it also ensures that staff members know how to lift objects safely without risking injury. It is intended for workers who are required to manually lift, carry, push or pull any load.
The course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
The training programme covers the following points:
- Definition of manual handling
- The manual handling problem
- Manual handling law
- Avoiding manual handling
- Reducing risks from manual handling
- Manual handling risk factors (including task, individual, load and environment)
- Structure, function and anatomy of the spine
- Common manual handling injuries
- Advice for sufferers of back pain
- Safe lifting technique
- Safe pushing/pulling technique
- End of course assessment
Please see below for a short video on our online courses.