NEBOSH International Diploma
The NEBOSH International Diploma is designed for health and safety professionals working outside of the UK. The course builds on the modules taught in the NEBOSH International General Certificate and is intended for people who want to take their career to the next level and become a health and safety manager, supervisor or officer.
The qualification also offers an excellent platform for those who wish to undertake postgraduate study. Many universities accept the Diploma as part of the entry requirement for MSc courses.
Candidates who have completed this qualification are eligible for Graduate Membership (Grad IOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). The qualification also meets the academic requirements for full membership (MIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM). Chartered Safety Practitioner (CMIOSH) status can then be achieved after further professional development.
For candidates who wish to study in their own time, the course is also available via our distance learning platform.
Please note that people working in the UK can take the NEBOSH National Diploma.
Click here to find out why you should choose Phoneix.
The course is divided into three individual units with taught content:
- Unit IA – International Management of Health and Safety
- Unit IB – International Control of Hazardous Agents in the Workplace
- Unit IC – International Workplace and Work Equipment Safety
Unit D involves a practical assessment that tests the knowledge gained in the taught content.
All course materials are supplied by Phoenix. The course has been specially formulated to incorporate aspects of both traditional distance learning and e-learning, with added flexibility to suit all levels of learning. Traditional distance learning materials such as textbooks, written assignments and telephone support is available for those who do not wish to rely solely on computers or the internet. However, for people who do want to use the internet to study, there is a wide variety of additional support resources available, including:
- A comprehensive lists of further reading and relevant web articles.
- A Facebook Group for our distance learners, with the aim of encouraging candidates to share their experiences and knowledge.
- A Phoenix Youtube channel to support learning. Click here to view our video clips.
- Continuous learning support from our expert tutors via Skype and Email. Our tutors regularly advertise scheduled “Skype Surgeries” to discuss certain topics.
- Web-based revision sessions to track your progress.
Our experienced and highly skilled tutors will be on hand to support you throughout the duration of the course. To ensure that our students get the support they need, our tutors are available for 12 hours a day, five days a week via the phone, email, fax and Skype. Our professional tutorial team includes:
- A highly qualified mentor who has achieved distinctions in four NEBOSH qualifications and a health and safety MSc – all via the distance learning platform.
- External NEBOSH examiners, one of which is a former Principal Examiner for the International Diploma.
- A mentor who has been interviewed for Radio 4 and the Times newspaper, has presented in front of the House of Commons, is currently doing a PhD and is in the process of having a book published
- A team of specialist consultants with a wealth of experience implementing health and safety practices on a daily basis, delivering training sessions and providing distance learning support.
In order to track progress, candidates will be required to complete a study planner. Our resources include a range of activities and revision questions to help you with your learning. The contents of the course can be discussed with tutors at any time.
Candidates will also be given the opportunity to complete Tutor Marked Assignments (TMA’s) to receive performance feedback.
Candidates will be assessed on a three-hour written exam. Exams dates are as follows:
17th January 2017
18th July 2017
16th January 2018
18th January 2017
19th July 2017
17th January 2018
19th January 2017
20th July 2017
|18th January 2018|
Please note that all exams are held in the morning. Please contact our Head Office for more information on the NEBOSH exam registration cut-off dates.
The exams are being held in:
Phoenix is also able to hold exams in British Council venues in major cities all over the world, although this is subject to additional costs. For more information on this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Unit D is a practical assessment that takes place in a company of your choice, preferably your own. The submission dates for the practical assessment are as follows:
- 30th November 2016
- 2017 Dates TBC
The full Diploma costs £1,195 + VAT, which includes all course materials and unlimited support.
SIngle units (IA, IB and IC) can be purchased for £450 + VAT each. Unit ID costs £295 + VAT.
For the full course, examination costs £388 (excluding VAT). This consists of a £60 enrolment fee and £82 per unit.
At Phoenix, our success rates are second to none. In fact, we are so confident in our course materials and support techniques that we offer a guaranteed pass on many of our courses. This means there is no time limit - candidates can continue to study until they have passed the course.
Organisations who are enrolling several employees on the course will be eligible for discounts. If required, we can also offer induction sessions, revision workshops and exams in-house. For a tailored quotation, please get in touch.