Safe Driving Awareness
As part of health and safety legislation, it is required that any driving involved in business is given the same level of attention as any other occupational safety risk. Employers are responsible for ensuring the safety of employees who drive on company business, either in company cars or their own vehicles. As part of safe driving management, employers need to assess the risks and implement sufficient control measures to protect drivers.
Our interactive online course is designed to provide employees with adequate information on safe driving practices to help minimise the risks associated with being on the road.
- Penalties associated with unsafe driving
- Guidance on how to maintain a vehicle
- Checks on weekly and pre-used vehicles
- Vehicle insurance, MOT and tax
- Planning routes
- How to deal with accidents and breakdowns
The course also includes a number of safe driving tips, such as:
- Keeping a safe distance
- Queuing in traffic
- Speed guidelines
- Thinking ahead
- Road signs and markings
- Hazardous distractions, such as sat navs or mobile phones
- Safe parking
- Driving on motorways
- Night driving
- Alcohol, drugs and medication
To pass the course, candidates will be required to complete a final assessment.
The online course will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Please see below for a short video on our online courses.