SMSTS Refresher Course
The SMSTS Refresher course is a two-day training programme aimed at individuals that currently hold a valid Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate. To maintain their certification, holders must refresh their skills and knowledge every five years through SMSTS Refresher courses.
These sessions are intended to remind candidates of their responsibilities in relation to site safety and health and welfare. They also provide delegates with a good understanding of current legislation relating to health and safety issues.
To enrol on this course, candidates must hold a Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate that has been obtained in the past five years.
Please click here to find out why you should choose Phoenix for your health and safety needs.
The training programme takes 2 days to complete.
The course teaches delegates to:
- Improve awareness of recent developments within construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Identify measures that will assist in the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and new working practices
- Current focus of HSE's attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- CDM Regulations 2007
- Construction Health, Safety and Welfare
- Roles and responsibilities of key duty holders under CDM 2007 Reporting of Injuries,
- Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) 1995
Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction to include:
- Work at Height Regulations 2005 Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) 2002
- Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Fire on construction sites including the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order (RRFSO) 2005
- Construction waste and Site Waste Management Plans
ConstructionSkills Site Safety Plus certificate: Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
This course is offered on client’s premises, specifically for a group of your employees. Though we can offer the course anywhere in the UK and beyond, additional travel costs may apply if outside England and Wales.
Please contact us here or call the office on 0345 500 8811 to discuss your requirements and to receive a quote.