NEBOSH National Diploma Course - Distance Learning
The NEBOSH National Diploma is the UK’s premier qualification designed specifically for those who want to forge a career in health and safety. For example, it is ideal for health and safety managers, advisors and consultants. It also provides a basis for progressing to postgraduate study. Many MSc programmes run by universities in the UK accept this diploma as a full or partial entry requirement.
It meets the academic requirements for graduate membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health. In addition, the diploma can enable you to attain full membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management.
Also, combined with further experience and professional development, it meets the standards required to achieve Chartered Safety Practitioner (CMIOSH) status. Bear in mind that if you want to obtain CMIOSH status via a practical, evidence based route, you should consider the NVQ Level 5 Diploma.
We offer the course by distance/open learning, meaning you can study for it at your own pace.
Please click here to find out why it makes sense to choose Phoenix.
The course is split into 3 separate units with taught content:
- Unit A – Managing Health and Safety
- Unit B – Hazardous Agents in the Workplace
- Unit C – Workplace and Work Equipment Safety
It also features Unit D, which is an assignment that tests practical application of the knowledge gained in the previous units.
We provide all the materials needed to pass the course and will do so in a way that suits you. This programme is intended to be extremely flexible and it can be modified to meet your particular preferences and requirements. It is designed to bridge the gap between traditional distance courses and e-learning. For people that don’t want to use computers or the internet very much, it can be conducted as a traditional distance learning course complete with textbooks, written assignments and telephone support. However, for those who are keen to embrace the internet as a learning medium, a wide variety of extra support methods are on offer. These include:
- Lists of website links to further reading and related online articles and documents
- A Facebook group especially for Phoenix Health and Safety distance learners. This helps to promote discussion and contact between delegates
- A Phoenix Health and Safety Youtube channel including video clips and presentations
- Email and Skype support from expert tutors, including regular “Skype Surgeries” where tutors are online at advertised times to discuss particular topics
- Online revision interactions to test knowledge
We only use the very best experts. Our tutorial team includes:
- A tutor who has achieved distinctions in 4 NEBOSH awards (including NEBOSH Diploma) and a health and safety MSc – all by distance learning
- NEBOSH examiners (including a former principal examiner)
- A tutor who has presented on health and safety to the House of Commons, has been interviewed for the Times newspaper and Radio 4, is completing her PhD and is having a book published
- Consultants who have experience of implementing health and safety every day with clients as well as delivering NEBOSH training and providing distance learning support
Support is available 12 hours a day, 5 days a week and you can contact tutors by telephone, fax, email or skype. This assistance continues until you pass the course. It doesn’t expire after a set time period.
To keep track of your progress towards your final exams, you will complete a study planner. Meanwhile, the course materials include regular revision questions and activities to help you test your own progress. These activities can be discussed with your tutors at any time.
You will also submit several tutor marked assignments to us for marking and feedback.
The course fee includes 3 one-day revision workshops - one for each of the three taught units. During these days, you will receive advice on revision and exam technique. The workshops take place at the following venues:
All the taught units are assessed by a written 3-hour exam. Exams are held in the morning on the following national NEBOSH dates:
19th Jan 2016
12th July 2016
20th Jan 2016
13th July 2016
21st Jan 2016
|14th July 2016|
Contact our Head Office for more information on the NEBOSH exam registration cut-off dates.
Exams are held in Phoenix Health and Safety venues in:
We are also able to provide exams in major cities located all over the world at British Council venues, subject to extra charges. For further information on this service, get in touch.
Unit D culminates in a practical assessment that involves a full health and safety review of a company of your choosing (ideally your own). Submission dates for Unit D assessments are listed below. Please contact our Head Office on 0845 500 8811 for further information on registration cut-off dates.
25th November 2015
24th February 2016
25th May 2016
31st August 2016
30th November 2016
The Full NEBOSH National Diploma costs £1195 + VAT. This includes all materials, unlimited support and 3 revision workshops.
Individual units can be purchased for £550 + VAT (Units A, B and C) or £295 + VAT for Unit D. Unit A, B and C prices include the relevant revision workshop.
Examination fees are £379 (no VAT) for the full course. This is made up of a £55 enrolment fee and £81 per unit.
Because we’re so confident in our training methods, we offer a guaranteed pass on these courses. Under the terms of this guarantee, you are entitled to continue with your studies indefinitely until you have passed the course.
Significant discounts can be offered if Organisation’s have several people to put through the course. We are even able to offer revision workshops and/or exams on your premises if required. Please contact us for a tailored quotation.