Changes To Phoenix HSC’s Courses In Response To The Coronavirus Outbreak
In light of the Government’s updated advice on the Coronavirus and avoiding the workplace where possible, we are making changes to the way we deliver our In-House and Classroom training. These changes are effective from Monday 23rd March and apply until further notice. There is no change to our e-learning courses.
The safety of our delegates and trainers is paramount. We’re making these changes to minimise face-to-face interactions, whilst continuing to deliver the high quality training that you expect from Phoenix.
The changes are as follows:
- There is no change to our e-learning courses.
- We continue to offer remote support to e-learning students.
In-House & Classroom Courses
We have developed an alternative to traditional face-to-face training that continues to provide a full learning experience, and allows delegates to learn effectively whilst self-isolating from home.
This is how it looks:
Delegates booked on Classroom and In-House courses will continue to have access to their trainer online throughout the days that the course is booked to run. They’ll also have access to an e-learning or distance learning product that they can work through from home.
In addition to one-to-one support, the trainer will run twice-daily online workshops to introduce the day’s course material, answer any questions, and support the delegates through the learning material.
Prior to a delegate’s course start date, they will be enrolled on Phoenix’s e-learning platform or sent distance learning materials for the course they are booked on to. They will also be given contact information for their trainer, and details of how to access the online workshops.
Here’s what a day of training will look like for delegates:
- Access to the e-learning course or distance learning materials will be provided the day before their course begins
- Live video session with the tutor at 09:00 to introduce the day’s learning
- Tutor available online all day for one-on-one support
- Further video session with the tutor at 15:00 to discuss any questions
- Practice exam questions, with students given individual feedback on their mock papers
Delegates won’t require any special IT equipment. A desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or a mobile phone with internet and audio capability is all that is required.
The courses that will be delivered in this way are as follows:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
- NEBOSH Certificate In Environmental Management
- NEBOSH Diploma
- IOSH Managing Safely
Delegates taking IOSH courses will be enrolled in online exams at the end of their course. NEBOSH currently requires delegates to attend an exam and these will be booked when it is safe and practical to do so. Phoenix will provide revision workshops free of charge to support students who experience a delay to their NEBOSH exams.
We hope you agree that this blended learning experience represents the safest way to continue supporting our clients and delegates during the Coronavirus disruption.
If you have any questions about a course that is currently booked, please contact email@example.com.
For new bookings please book online as normal, telephone 0345 500 8811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to monitor the outbreak and adapt our procedures in line with Public Health England advice.