The Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Service (ELCAS) is a government-led education and funding initiative that’s designed to support the lifelong learning of members of the UK Armed Forces.
Phoenix Health & Safety is proud to be an approved and registered provider of ELCAS courses. (Centre No: 3518)
Courses & Study Methods
We provide a range of accredited NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) certificates and diploma level qualifications.
NEBOSH certificate courses are suitable for entry and intermediate level candidates who want an introduction to health and safety, while NEBOSH Diploma courses are ideal for individuals who want to further their current knowledge and experience to develop a career in health and safety.
In order to help you find a study method that suits your needs, we offer NEBOSH certificate qualifications via classroom-based training courses at one of our 10 dedicated learning centres across the UK, or via our online distance learning platform.
NEBOSH diploma courses are available as distance learning programmes that can be built around your lifestyle and completed in your own time.
For more information on the specific NEBOSH certificate courses we offer, please click on the links below:
- National General Certificate
- National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- National Fire Certificate
- International General Certificate Course
- International Construction Certificate
- Environmental Management Certificate
For further information on the NEBOSH diploma courses available, please click on the links below:
Alternatively, if you would like to find out more about our distance learning options, please click here.
ELCAS Funding for Health and Safety Training:
MoD personnel who are currently serving or have left the forces within the last ten years may be entitled to ELCAS funding (ELC) towards the cost of their accredited NEBOSH training course.
To secure partial or full ELCAS funding for health and safety training courses and book your place on the programme of your choice, you will need to take the following steps:
- Step 1: Contact us if you’d like advice choosing a course or need further information about one you have selected.
- Step 2: Complete an ELC claim form via ELCAS.
- Step 3: Once approved, you will receive a Claim Authorisation Note (CAN). Please send a copy of this to us as soon as possible.
- Step 4: Complete our online booking form for the training course you have received ELCAS funding for.
- Step 5: Complete any remaining course payments.
Once we receive your CAN, booking form and course payment, we will dispatch your distance learning materials, or, if you intend to complete a certification course at one of our training centres, contact you to arrange a suitable date and venue.
If you need advice about selecting your course or assistance to apply for ELCAS funding for health and safety training, please contact one of our Phoenix Health & Safety advisors.